Saturday, July 26, 2008

Conception to Birth

Greetings to all. This entry is actually accompanying the previous one that Kathy wrote. It was a unique experience for me to hear an author explain his book and his feelings and stories behind it. William P. Young, author of The Shack, is one more example of how God planted a seed in one person's life, and then He tended it to bear the fruit that it has produced. The Shack truly does have an amazing birthing process to it.
What has been happening to me? God. More specifically? During our base intercession time I was truly moved. I won't mention the topic now, but it does relate to what I shared in a previous blog entry. Question: have you ever had an Idea that wouldn't go away? You knew it was a good Idea, but it must have originated from your own human thought process. Over time anything related to your Idea catches your attention when it normally wouldn't have if the Idea wouldn't be there in the first place. (A simple example of this is when you look to buy a new vehicle. You think you would like a four-door Jeep Wrangler. Once you realize this you start to notice them everywhere you go. And before you wanted it, you never even saw them on the road.) So far, for me, I've known that I've had an Idea. But it got stronger, and I saw more representations of this Idea throughout everyday life. I was thinking all of this was simply in my head. Thursday morning a shift happened. What was in my head moved to my heart. I felt the shift. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before. The closest I can relate this to from my own life is how I knew that I needed more training in discipleship, and then Father placed it my heart to go to YWAM.
So now what do I do with what's in my heart? Pray. Pray for confirmation and guidance. (Could you pray with/for me, too, please?) If Father has His way, and I hope He does, then the three of us are in for a great adventure!
Speaking of adventure. . . . The other week I got a taste of adventure. Some people on base got to climb our 32 ft. climbing wall one evening. And this next monday we might get to again. It was so fun. Yes, I was secured to some one on the ground at all times. Also on base is a one hundred foot pine tree that is rigged to climb. I am looking forward to that as well. The tree is a part of our Ropes Course and is meant to teach us to overcome our fears and to reach our goal(s). Sound like fun to anyone else?
Well, I'll sign off now. I will be sure to update you on my (former Idea) new Desire. Oh, I do have a Scripture to go along with this. Philippians 2:13 : "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him."
Don't forget to read the entry just underneath this. This one is meant to accompany that one. Our Heavenly Father's Love To You, Carson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am loving your blog - it sounds like Paul Young had amazing things to say, I must say I'm a little bummed that I missed his speaking. I hope you guys are doing well and tell the little one I say HELLO!!!!
- Desi