Monday, July 14, 2008

Going Deeper


Hello. Hello. How are you? We are doing well. This past week was an intense week full of inner healing. Our classroom time was led by Jerry and Linda Praetzel. They have been a part of YWAM and this ministry for approximately 15 years. After yet another week of class, I (carson) have to say this about my experience: it is better than I could have imagined. Kathy is also enjoying and learning from it in a great way. God = Wow! So, after a heavier week today our class went to Silver Falls State Park. The waterfalls were beautiful, and the mini vacation was appreciated. Dakota played in water that was not in a bathtub for the first time.
This past weekend we went to Portland to see that city. Along with us went three other teammates. We had a pretty good time walking around the city and "touring" Powell's Books. That place was huge. Somehow four of us ended up in the same aisle, the christian aisle. I have now been officially validated. For the first time in my life I was able to validate my parking garage ticket. I must say, life is fuller being validated.
Dakota has been her usual cute self. Last week she was watched by different people because Carol wanted to sit in on our class. So Desi (see previous pics) watched her for a couple of mornings, Petra (also see previous pics) had her for a morning, and another girl named Marina watched her, too. All three of these girls are wonderful with her. Interesting fact: all three of these girls were orphans as children (they have been adopted.) Has Dakota found her ministry? We'll just have to wait and see.
Have I found my ministry? I, too, will have to wait and see. But God has been stirring me for the past while. As I hear stories of girls/women who have had horrible things happen in their lives because of treatment from males (brothers, fathers, uncles, husbands) my heart is directly hit. Some boys/men have even been mistreated or abused by the same types of men. This is very upsetting. How are these wounded people supposed to find a loving God who is in charge of the universe when they can't even find a loving male in their lives? I can remember a while back that pastor Conrad said a line one Sunday expressing the need for the fathers of this world to be brought back into our lives. Amen! What does this look like for me? I'm not sure, but I do know that God is directing me in this way. You can pray that God would continue to guide me and reveal more of His calling for me to me. If you are a man reading this, then please, go kiss your wife, hug your daughter, or tell a girl in your life how loved she is. Hey, be ambitious, do all three if you can. If you are a woman reading this, then please know and feel that our Heavenly Father thinks the world of you.
We are both still very excited that we are going to Thailand. Tomorrow morning our team will be praying about what specifically we will be doing. A possibility of going into Myanmar for at least one day is still on the table. Please keep praying for us in regards to how we will be most effective on our Outreach.


God's Blessings Upon You

Carson, Kathy, Dakota

No comments: